Atlantic Anesthesia, Inc. achieves excellence through the leadership roles our physicians and CRNAs provide at the local, regional, and state level.
Our staff includes:
- Member, House of Delegates (past and present), Medical Society of Virginia
- Member, House of Delegates, American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Past President, Virginia Society of Anesthesiologists
- Past President, Virginia Beach Medical Society
- Past President, Norfolk Academy of Medicine
- Past President, Sentara Norfolk Hospitals Medical Staff
- Past Oral Board Examiner, The American Board of Anesthesiologists
- Journal Reviewer, Anesthesiology and Journal of Clinical Anesthesia
- Inventor, Zoll External Pacemaker
- AAI Liaison, Virginia Legislative Activities
- Program Committee Member, American Association of Nurse Anesthetists
- Officer, Virginia Association of Nurse Anesthetists
- Director, Nurse Anesthesia Program at Old Dominion University
We have a dedicated Medical Director at each of the facilities we serve to provide consistent leadership in the day-to-day operations of the Operating Rooms, Post Anesthesia Care Units (PACU), and Same Day Surgery facilities. Please see Locations/Hospitals Served for more information.
All our CRNAs and Anesthesiologists commit dozens of hours annually to continuing education in anesthesia and relevant knowledge fields. These include formalized training in new Technology including PICIS, ECARE, anesthesia specific I.T., ACLS, ATLS, and multiple ASA, ABA, and AANA sponsored and approved conferences.
The academic credentials of our physicians have allowed us to share our knowledge and experience by lecturing at seminars and conferences. Our physicians are also actively involved in decisions being made by our state legislators.
- Reduction of pharmacy expenses by identifying alternative drug choices
- Materials and equipment management
- Identification of lower cost supplies and anesthesia circuits
- Managing staff for known low-volume periods using AAI proprietary record system software
- Amplifying regional anesthesia provider availability through extensive support of local student nurse anesthetist training, reducing dependence on outside contractors and enhancing community commitment